If you have added resources (hyper V hosts) to your virtual machine manager and created a cloud, the next step is to register your SPF and VMM servers on the WAPADMIN portal (you can learn more about why here). Thankfully, this is a straightforward process.
Registering SPF and VMM on the WAPADMIN
- Login to the WAPADMIN portal with the Administrator credentials.
- Finish the Intro tour and click Ok.
- In the main window Select VM Clouds
- Go to the VM Cloud tab, click on the following icon
- Click on register System Center Service Provider Foundation and fill in the details of you SPF server and the service account credentials of the SPF server:
- Once the SPF is registered you will need to register the VMM server.
- To Register VMM: Go to VM Clouds – Clouds – Use an existing Virtual Machine Cloud Provider to Provision Virtual Machines, and provide the following info:
- Virtual machine manager server: vmm01
- Port number (optional)
- Remote Desktop Gateway
- Click on register.
- Verify that VMM Server registers correctly by selecting the server under clouds and verify that all clouds show for the VMM Server.