After your resources are configured and your SPF is registered, you’re ready to start rolling out services! The way services are exposed is through plans and subscriptions. Here’s how:
Creating a plan
- In the WAP Admin Portal go to Plans.
- Click on + New -> PLAN -> CREATE PLAN.
- Specify a name for the plan (e.g. Contoso).
- Select the service that should be offered via the plan (e.g. Virtual Machine Clouds and SQL Servers) and click next. Skip add-ons and Click Ok.
- Under plan verify that the new Plan(s) shows in the list.
- Click on the first plan created [the red bang indicates there are action items pending before the plan can be offered]
- Under plan service click on Virtual Machine Clouds.
- Select the VMM Server (There should only be one in the list).Under Virtual Machine Cloud select the Cloud for which you would like to use with the plan (e.g. Contoso).
- Select the hardware profiles that should be used for the plan and click Ok.
- Click Add Templates and select the templates that should be used for the plan.
- Under Additional settings select the actions that should be allowed within the plan
- Click Save
- Verify that the plan service shows as configured and Active for both services
Configure a Admin Account and a subscription in Windows Azure Pack
- In the WAP Admin main menu click User Accounts
- Click + New -> User Account > Quick Create >
- Provide the following information:
Login as a Tenant and provision a VM and SQL Database to a Cloud.
- Open a browser and go to the WAP Tenant Portal (e.g. https://wap01.contoso.com:30081)
- Specify the user account created earlier and password (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click on Submit.
- Finish the introduction wizard.